Direct Debit is the quickest and easiest way to pay your bills. Here's your guide to making a payment.
Please note: This on-line form produces an Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) document for you to print, sign then send into the council. For the on-line form to produce a PDF you will need to download the free Adobe Reader software.
- Sign-up once and never have to worry
- No more queues to stand in
- No more phone calls to make
- No more journeys to make the payments
- Less paper work (better for the environment too)
- Direct Debit looks after itself
- Friendly advisors on-hand to help with your queries
All you have to do is ...
Complete either the
- CTAX and NNDR - Direct Debit Mandate form (this form sends an email to the appropriate department for processing. You will also receive a copy of the email) or the
- Housing Rent - Direct Debit Mandate form. Complete the form, print the PDF, sign the mandate and post to the Civic Centre, Gravesham Borough Council, Windmill Street, Gravesend, DA12 1AU
or bring it into the Civic Centre in Gravesend.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Gravesham Borough Council will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Gravesham Borough Council to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Gravesham Borough Council or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Gravesham Borough Council asks you to.
You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.