When we calculate your council tax we assume there are two adults in a property.
If one of the adults falls in any of the areas below then you may get a discount on your bill.
- If you're 18 and your parents are still getting child benefit
- If you're a student in full-time education
- If you're 18 or 19 and have just left school or further education
- If you're caring for someone with a disability who is not a spouse, partner or child under 18
- If you're being looked after in a care home
- If you're in prison
- If you have a mental health condition
- If you're an apprentice
- If you're a patient in hospital for a long time
- If you work for International Headquarters and defence organisation
- If you're staying in certain hostels or night shelters
- If you're part of a religious community
Please note that if there are more than 2 adults (over 18) resident, no discount will be awarded if only 1 adult is disregarded.