Housing repairs

4. Report a non-urgent repair

If you have something that needs repairing and it's not urgent we can look at it as a responsive repair, which means it'll get looked at within three working days, or a non-urgent repair.

Responsive repairs are things like:

  • Some loss of electric power
  • Some loss of water supply
  • Complete loss of or some loss of space or water heating (between 30 April and 1 November)
  • Blocked sinks, baths or basins
  • A tap which can't be turned
  • Loose or detached banister or handrail
  • Rotten timber flooring or stair tread
  • Leaking roof
  • Door entry phone not working

A non-urgent repair is everything else like fixes to gates or fences, for example. These can take longer to fix. It will always be done at the earliest opportunity but sometimes this can be anything up to three months. If you need either of these types of repairs doing then please fill in our online form with all the details.