Other sources of advice
Further details of government measures which affect the council’s own service provision can be found on our services page.
Kent and Medway growth hub
A business support hub has been formed to offer guidance and advice for businesses across Kent and Medway. The have online materials including guides to download, videos and blogs of the latest articles from experts. They have a team of professional business coaches available to advise and provide guidance.
Government guidance and support
The Chancellor has set out a package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support public services, people and businesses through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19. This includes a package of measures to support businesses, as follows. Visit the new Hub to read the full government guidance.
- From 4th May, new Bounce Back Loans of up to £50,000 with no test of viability, 24 hour turnaround and a 100% government guarantee. Click here to view a helpful list of FAQs
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- VAT and Self Assessment Deferral
Face coverings poster
From Friday 24 July it is a requirement to wear face coverings in shops.
If you are a business owner in Gravesham, you can download our free poster reminding customers of the new rule.
Business Representative Organisations and Trade Associations are providing coronavirus related support for specific sectors, including agriculture, the arts, construction, energy, engineering, legal, professional services and maritime industries.
To view briefings prepared on a daily basis by the South East Local Enterprise Partnership, in partnership with local and national government, please visit their dedicated news section for comprehensive business briefings, as linked above.
The Hub is part of South East Local Enterprise Partnership’s business support programme, which helps identify the most suitable support available in the local area.
There are blogs available on topics such as How long does it take to create a Business Continuity Plan and Who you can talk to for advice on our First Voice website.
A community of small businesses and business advisors whose stated mission is to ‘shortcut your route to trusted business support’.
An independent public body set up by Government, to offer advice regarding late payment practices.
ACAS gives employees and employers free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice. In relation to COVID-19, their advice covers:
- Self-isolation and sick pay
- Social distancing, flexible working and working from home
- Closing workplaces
GOV.UK have created a Business Support page containing useful information about:
- Accessing funding and support
- Responsibilities as an employer
- Advice on managing your business during COVID-19
GOV.UK have also published guidance on social distancing in the workplace.
Public Health England have prepared some guidance for food businesses on coronavirus.