You need to tell us if your circumstances change as this can affect your bill. You need to do this as soon as possible.
Types of changes
- If someone moves in or out of your home
- If your name changes and/or you marry, separate or divorce
- If you're getting a discount and your circumstances around that discount change such as:
- An increase or decrease in you or your partner's income or savings
- You or your partner start or stop getting Income Support or Jobseekers Allowance
- You or your partner start or stop getting any other benefits, for example, incapacity benefit, working tax credit, child tax credit or pension credit
- The income of another adult living with you changes
- If someone in the household passes away
- The date a child leaves school, or the date child benefit payments stop
- The date a child starts work, or goes to college/University
- If you have a child, or the date of when you had another child
- If you, or your partner, go into hospital for more than six weeks
- If the amount of rent you pay changes
- If you are temporarily absent from home
- If you or your partner become a student
This is not a complete list of everything that could change, but you'll need to tell us whatever it is. Some changes may not affect your benefit entitlement but you should tell us about all changes as they happen. Any delay may affect the date the benefit is paid from and the amount you may get.
If your circumstances have changed, such as if you've changed your name, please let us know. If you don't tell us about any change to your circumstances immediately we may pay you too much which you will have to repay. Or you might be entitled to more but you may not get all of it unless you tell us within a month of any change.