If you are taking over a premises, then as the new owner you must apply for a transfer of the Premises Licence, from the previous owner to you.

How do I apply?

  1. Fill in the Application for transfer of Premises Licence form. Make sure you complete all parts of the form
  2. Fill in the Consent to transfer the Premises Licence form
  3. Enclose the Premises Licence (or a statement as to why you can't send it)
  4. You must provide proof of your right to work in the UK
  5. Pay the £23 fee using our online form
  6. You must submit your completed application form to all of the following:

Gravesham Borough Council

  • By email: licensing@gravesham.gov.uk
  • By post: Licensing, Gravesham Borough Council, Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, Kent DA12 1AU

Police Co-ordinator

Alcohol Licensing Team

Alternatively, there is a Transfer a Premises Licence application process available via GOV.UK.

What happens next?

Once the transfer application has been determined we will notify:

  • the applicant
  • the local police
  • the previous holder of the licence

It is the applicant's duty to notify the Designated Premises Supervisor of the transfer. Failure to do so is an offence.

If there is any objection from the police then we must hold a hearing (unless all parties agree that it is unnecessary).

Should you have any queries you can contact the licensing team by emailing licensing@gravesham.gov.uk.