Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.

Tell us about a change

Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

2. Types of changes

  • When you move (including temporary arrangements).  This includes a change of rooms
  • If you or your partner start or finish work
  • If you marry, separate or divorce
  • An increase or decrease in you or your partner's income
  • An increase or decrease in you or your partner's savings
  • You or your partner start or stop getting Income Support or Jobseekers Allowance
  • You or your partner start or stop getting any other benefits, for example, incapacity benefit, working tax credit, child tax credit or pension credit
  • The income of another adult living with you changes
  • If someone comes to live with you
  • If someone living with you moves out
  • If someone in the household passes away
  • The date a child leaves school, or the date child benefit payments stop
  • The date a child starts work, or goes to college/University
  • If you have a child, or the date of when you had another child
  • If you, or your partner, go into hospital for more than six weeks
  • If the amount of rent you pay changes
  • If you are temporarily absent from home
  • If you or your partner become a student

This is not a complete list of everything that could change, but you'll need to tell us whatever it is. Some changes may not affect your benefit entitlement but you should tell us about all changes as they happen. Any delay may affect the date the benefit is paid from and the amount you may get.


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know