Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.

Safety and crime

Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

Useful contacts

Safety and crime useful contacts.
Contact details:

Community Safety Unit

Anti-Social Behaviour

Kent Police

Non-emergency: 101

If you are a Gravesham Council Housing tenant you may wish to contact your Housing Officer.

Choices (formerly North Kent Women's Aid)

Confidential support and practical advice for those experiencing or concerned about domestic abuse.

0800 917 9948

Citizens Advice Bureau

Advice on a range of issues including legal, financial, debt management matters.

Service is available in the Gateway (Civic Centre, Gravesend) on Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9.30am-1pm.  You will need to book an appointment – please complete a booking form at the Reception Desk at the Civic Centre.


To report any information regarding crime – details can be provided anonymously.

0800 555111

Change, Grow, Live (CGL) (West Kent Recovery Service)

Information, advice and treatment services for those experiencing problems with alcohol or drug dependency.

01474 566659


We're only responsible for rubbish dumped on our own land but may be able to clear household items (such as black sacks, furniture) from the public highway.  To get this cleared please contact us.

If larger quantities of waste, such as builders' rubble, have been dumped on a public highway, please report this to Kent County Council's Highway Services on 03000 418181.

If rubbish has been dumped on private land, including alleyways, then it is the responsibility of the landowner to clear it.

If the fly-tipping is of a hazardous nature please contact the Environment Agency on 0645 333111.


01474 337000

Hate Crime Reporting Line

To report any incidents where you or someone you know is being bullied or harassed because of their race, religion, disability, sexuality or gender identity call Kent Police.

Kent Police

Emergency: 999

Non-emergency: 101

Highways (Kent County Council)

To report traffic lights, potholes, street lighting, road signs, road works, flooding and obstructions on the highway.

03000 418181

Kent County Council - Roads and travel

Kent Equality Cohesion Council

Confidential advice and support on a range of diversity issues including faith, disability, sexual orientation, age and gender; community development, outreach and cohesion projects.

01474 369329

Kent Fire and Rescue Service

For advice and information on any aspects of fire safety and home fire safety assessments.

Emergency: 999

Home Safety: 0800 923 7000

Kent Police

To find out information about crime in your area, your local officers and meetings, please use the Kent Police website.

Emergency: 999

Non-emergency: 101

Neighbourhood Watch: 01634 792131

Licensing Team (Gravesham Borough Council)

Licensing of taxis and private hire operations; issuing of licences under the Licensing Act 2003; projects/campaigns to promote responsible sales of alcohol.

01474 337183/7651

Noise nuisance (Gravesham Borough Council)

To report persistent problems about excessive noise, for example, noisy parties, loud music,  that is affecting you/your family.

01474 337000

Police and Crime Commissioner's Office

Elected PCC for Kent who works with Kent Police, Local Authorities and a range of agencies to reduce crime and improve community safety.

01622 677055

Road Safety (Kent County Council)

For information on a range of projects delivered to raise awareness and educate on all aspects of road safety for both pedestrians and drivers.

0845 8247800

Kent County Council - Road Safety

Trading Standards (Kent County Council)

Advice and information for both consumers and businesses regarding sales of products and provision of services to ensure compliance with legislation.

03454 040506

Kent County Council - Trading Standards


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know