Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.


Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

6. By law

Sometimes things can happen whereby no-one is allowed in a property by law or that it is kept empty because of action being taken under an Act of Parliament to stop people living in it. If this happens then it may be exempt from paying council tax. 

This includes a property that is to be compulsorily purchased.

This doesn't include squatters. You should contact us for advice if this happens.

You can reach us by emailing


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know