Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.

Make an official complaint

Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

3. Local Government Ombudsman

If you've gone through all the previous stages and you're still not happy you have the right to refer the matter to the Local Government Ombudsman who will consider any further action. The Local Government Ombudsman is appointed by the government to investigate complaints made against local councils.

You can write to:

Local Government Ombudsman,
PO Box 4771,

Tel: 0300 061 0614

Or visit the Local Ombudsman website. Unfortunately we can't deal with anonymous complaints under the complaints procedure above. These will have to be treated as information only and will be dealt with appropriately.


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know