Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.

Supported and sheltered housing

Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

2. How to apply

Any person over 60 whatever their circumstances can apply. Any person aged between 55 and 59 can also apply if they are registered disabled and in receipt of Personal Independence payment (PIP).

You can apply on Kent Homechoice.

What happens next?

Once you have submitted your application on Kent Homechoice, we will contact you to be assessed by one of our assessment officers who will carry out an assessment of your housing support needs. We will determine whether Sheltered Housing is the right choice for you, and you will be asked a number of questions so that the right decision can be made for you.

You will be advised of the outcome of your assessment. If we find that Sheltered Housing is not the best choice for your individual circumstances you will be given advice on better alternatives. If you don't agree with our decision you do have the right to appeal.

The Assessment Officers will give you information on our Sheltered Housing Service and tell you what may be available to you. You will be able to ask any questions you may have.


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know