Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.

Charitable collections

Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

2. Street collections

If you wish to make a collection on behalf of a charitable cause in a street or public place then you require a street collection permit from us to do so.

There is no fee charged for this service.

How do I apply?

We handle all licence applications for cash collection on streets. If you wish to collect fundraising via Direct Debit you will need to contact the Institute of Fundraising, who handle Direct Debit fundraising in Gravesham.

  1. Before applying for a permit, please consult the Street Collection Guidance Notes
  2. You must check if the dates you would like to collect are available (contact the licensing team by emailing or phoning 01474 337252)
  3. Download and complete the Street Collection Permit Application Form
  4. Submit your application to:

Licensing, Gravesham Borough Council, Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, Kent DA12 1AU

What do I do next?

  • You are required to keep records of any income and expenditure relating to your street collection using our returns form
  • You must also provide a list of collectors, and the amounts that were collected in each collection box, within one month of the collection date.

Failure to comply with these requirements is an offence under section 5 of the Police, Factories (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1916 which means that you could be fined £50 in the Magistrates Court, and may jeopardise any future requests for Street Collection Permits.


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know