Amend a paper permit

Whilst we have recently changed to a new virtual e-permit system, if you have an existing paper permit you will continue to use this until its expiry before moving over to our new virtual system. If you change your vehicle or registration during the life of your paper permit, you can apply for a replacement permit via the link below.

We will require the following:

  • The permit for your previous vehicle/registration will need to be returned to Parking Services, Gravesham Borough Council, Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, DA12 1AU (photos or copies cannot be accepted).
  • Personal vehicles - A copy of the current V5C (log book) showing the vehicle is registered to you at the address you reside. If you do not yet have this, please supply the ‘new keeper supplement’ or insurance documents and a temporary permit will be issued, giving time for this to be supplied.
  • Company vehicles - a typed, printed letter from your employer on letterhead paper confirming you use the vehicle and take it back to your property in place of the V5C.
  • Your previous permit number and your applicant ID. Your applicant ID is provided in any permit letters, above the date. Please email if you do not know your applicant ID.

A charge for the replacement permit will apply and is detailed within the application.

Alternative parking arrangements should be made until you are in receipt of your replacement permit. Once we have all of the required evidence, a replacement permit will be sent via the post - you will only transfer to a virtual e-permit when you need to renew.

This system will only work if you have an existing paper permit that has not yet expired – if you have one of our virtual permits, please see our manage your permit account page.


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know