If you pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit, you do not need to do anything. You will be paid the money into you account automatically. Thank you if you have recently set up your Direct Debit, as this helps us process payments faster.
Please note we require a valid direct debit in place with at least one successful payment taken. To prevent any issues processing the rebate payment, we advise you not to cancel your direct debit. This will cause issues for us delays in verifying accounts and may result in your £150 payment taking longer.
If you do not pay by direct debit, we will soon be writing to you. This letter will provide a secure way for you to share your bank details with us so we can make payment.
Please bear with us while we do. We'll update this page with more information when we have it.
To be eligible for the rebate, you must meet the following conditions on 1 April 2022:
- the property is in council tax bands A to D (or the property is a band E property that has a disabled person’s reduction applied, effectively reducing it to a band D)
- the property is your sole or main residence
- it's a property for which council tax is chargeable or it's exempt under the following classes:
- class N - occupied solely by full-time students
- class S - occupied solely by people under the age of 18
- class U - occupied solely by those with a severe mental impairment
- class W - an annexe occupied by a dependant relative
- those who are liable to pay the council tax (or would be if the property was not exempt) are not a local council, a corporate body or other body such as a housing association, the government or governmental body.
Households that do not pay council tax because of council tax reduction will still be eligible for the payment.
If you pay by Direct Debit we’ll be able to make your payment more quickly. Find out how to pay your council tax by Direct Debit.
We will not make payment until we have collected at least one council tax instalment by Direct Debit.
Getting the £150 payment
We have currently paid almost £4.6 million to more than 30,000 Gravesham residents.
If you are eligible and you did not apply for the rebate by 9 September 2022 or we were unable to transfer payment to your bank account, it will be credited to your Council Tax account by 30 September 2022. You will receive a bill with revised instalments.
There will be a discretionary scheme for those who are:
- in bands E to H
- not entitled under the main scheme.
Details of this will be published when we have them.