A new government service is now available to people who may be facing proceedings which could see them loosing their homes. 

The Housing Loss Prevention Advice Service (HLPAS) offers government-funded legal advice and legal aid. Aimed to help people who are facing eviction with legal advice, in the aim of helping them to keep their homes.

Tenants and homeowners may be able to access legal advice on matters such as:

  • Illegal eviction
  • Disrepair and other problems with housing conditions
  • Rent arrears
  • Mortgage arrears
  • Welfare benefits payments
  • Debt

Advice will be available from the moment a written notice is received, which could be in the form of an email or letter from a landlord or mortgage provider.

Read more on the GOV.UK website.