If you’re leaving care to become independent and you’re aged between 16 and 25, Kent County Council may be able to help support you through their local offer. If you have left care, and Kent County Council has appointed you a personal adviser, please pass your Council Tax bill to them to arrange payment.
You’ll be eligible if you’re aged 16 or 17 and either of the following apply:
- you’ve been looked after before, you started care after 14 or you’re still in care
- you’re a relevant young person but you’re not being looked after anymore and you were an eligible young person
Alternatively, you’ll be eligible if the following apply:
- you were a relevant young person
- you’re aged between 18 and 25
- you’ve left care, having previously been eligible or relevant or both