Moving home can often be a difficult process, with lots to prepare and details to change. If you live in Gravesham already and pay Council Tax, you will have an account. You will need your existing council tax account number which can be found on your last bill.

If you're new to the borough or this is your first home, choose Moving into Gravesham. It's that simple.

Register a change of address

What happens next?

You'll get your first bill within a few weeks and the payments will be worked out in instalments. Once you have received your bill, you'll be able to set up an online Council Tax account, where you can:

  • view your payment history
  • view a breakdown of charges and payments in previous years
  • view copies of letters we’ve sent to you
  • view copy bills
  • switch to paperless billing
  • apply for a Single Person Discount

You'll need your Council Tax account number, name and postcode when you create your account.

Once you are in your account, you will also be able to set up a Direct Debit. This is our preferred method of collection, as it helps us to keep costs down. It’s easy, safe and means you never miss a payment. Find out about alternative ways to pay.

Image of house in Gravesham

What is my Council Tax band?

Your Council Tax band is based on the size and value of your property which will determine how much Council Tax you pay.

Find your band