Find a pest control contractor

If you require pest control services for your home/property/land, then we recommend that you find a suitable pest control contractor through the British Pest Control Association.

BPCA logo. A green and white circle with BPCA - British Pest Control Association text.







It is recommended that you get quotes from three different contractors to aid you in choosing one.

Residents may also check pest contractors suitability with Kent County Council Trading Standards, or phone the Kent Librarian service on 03000 416438. KCC Trading Standards operate a fair trader scheme aimed at protecting residents from rogue traders, by carrying out vetting checks to support only legitimate and reliable businesses.

Small white van with logo on the side - close up of the logo reads trading standards checked with a tick and the Kent County Council logo

Approved members of the Trading Standards Checked scheme can display the logo.

Advice for Council tenants

If you are a council tenant, then you may wish to contact your Housing Officer to see what assistance can be offered.  

Advice for Private tenants

If you are a private tenant and you believe your landlord is not doing enough to assist you in keeping your home free from rats or mice, then you can make a complaint to the Environmental Protection Team at

General pest control advice

Find advice about a range of different pests