Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.


Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

2. What happens if you disagree?

If you disagree with a decision we have made about an overpayment you can appeal and ask us to look at our decision again.

How to appeal a decision

Write an appeal letter which includes details of your objections and the reasons for your appeal. You should provide any documentary evidence that you feel will support your case. Alternatively, you can obtain an appeal form from the Civic Centre.

You will need to:

  • complete all the boxes on the form. You can ask for help from an advice centre or a solicitor or a person of your choice.
  • Write down all the reasons for your appeal. This is important because the tribunal does not look at anything you do not mention.
  • Make sure you sign the form
  • Return the form to us within one calendar month of the date of our decision letter

Your appeal should be sent or hand delivered to:

Benefits Section, Gravesham Borough Council, Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, Kent.  DA12 1AU

Your appeal must be received within one month of the date of our refusal letter.

Once your appeal is received by our Appeals Officer your case will be reviewed.


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know