Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.

Kent County Council’s offer to care leavers

If you’re leaving care to become independent and you’re aged between 16 and 25, Kent County Council may be able to help support you through their local offer. If you have left care, and Kent County Council has appointed you a personal adviser, please pass your Council Tax bill to them to arrange payment.

You’ll be eligible if you’re aged 16 or 17 and either of the following apply:

  • you’ve been looked after before, you started care after 14 or you’re still in care
  • you’re a relevant young person but you’re not being looked after anymore and you were an eligible young person

Alternatively, you’ll be eligible if the following apply:

  • you were a relevant young person
  • you’re aged between 18 and 25
  • you’ve left care, having previously been eligible or relevant or both

You can visit Kent County Council’s website for more information on their local offer.


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know