Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.

Empty properties

Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

2. Major repairs

We may be able to give you 100% off your council tax bill for up to 12 months if you're in the middle of doing some major repairs on your empty property.

We're only able to give you this exemption if the property is not being lived in.

For you to not pay council tax on this property for up to a year we will need to come and visit the property, ideally before any work starts, and assess the situation. We may also need to see proof of the work required, for example a building surveyor's report or a builder's formal estimate. We will let you know what we require once we have spoken with you.

If you feel your property qualifies for this complete exemption, simply fill in our online form:


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know