Planning law sets out that planning applications are determined in accordance with the Councils Development Plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
The Development Plan for Gravesham currently consists of:
- Gravesham Local Plan Core Strategy and Local Plan Policies Map (2014)
- Gravesham Local Plan First Review (1994) – saved Policies
- Kent County Council Minerals and Waste Local Plan 2013-30 (2020)
Although not part of the development plan, we also take account of the South East Marine Plan policies when determining planning applications that fall within the marine plan area.
Gravesham Local Plan Core Strategy (2014)
The Local Plan Core Strategy is the main document in the Gravesham Local Plan. Its role is to:
- Set out a long-term vision for the future of Gravesham based on evidence of need to support communities and outline what makes Gravesham a distinctive and attractive place to live and work.
- support and inform; sustainable development via investment in infrastructure, economic development, and regeneration proposals within the borough, while promoting healthy communities
- provide a consistent basis for planning application decisions.
Download the Local Plan Core Strategy (11 MB)
Local Plan Policies Map
The Gravesham Local Plan Core Strategy Policies Map (2014) accompanies the Core Strategy and shows where land-based area policies apply. These policies include areas for protection such as SSSI’s, conservation areas and town centre boundaries, and identify sites for particular land uses. The Policies Map includes the allocations for all the saved policies in the Gravesham Local Plan First Review.
Download the Gravesham Local Plan Policies Map (10 MB)
Gravesham Local Plan First Review (1994) - Saved Policies
The Gravesham Local Plan First Review (1994) was replaced by the adopted Local Plan Core Strategy (2014). In September 2007, the Secretary of State issued a direction on policies to be saved and deleted. The policies in the List of Saved Policies (Appendix 1) of the Local Plan Core Strategy 2014 are the remaining operational policies (in part or whole) from the Local Plan First Review 1994.
We have prepared a version of the adopted Gravesham Local Plan First Review (1994) to show the saved and deleted policies which you can download from the link below.
Download the Gravesham Local Plan First Review – Saved and Deleted Policies Version
Kent Minerals and Waste Local Plan 2013-30 (adopted 2020)
Kent County Council are the minerals and waste planning authority for Kent, and plan for waste management capacity and mineral supply through their Minerals and Waste Local Plan. The plan includes strategic policies for minerals and waste development as well as development management policies used to determine planning applications.
Download the Kent Minerals and Waste Local Plan 2013-30 (adopted 2020)
If you'd like further advice or information, please email email@example.com