Staff Parking Permit
From May 2021 we no longer issue paper parking permits; instead we issue e-permits. An e-permit is an electronic version of a paper permit. This allows the permit holder to park their vehicle without the need to display a physical permit in the windscreen.
- You will not be sent a paper permit in the post. You will receive an email confirmation stating you have an e-permit, and you will be able to start parking your vehicle once you have confirmation that your application has been processed. You do not need to print out or display anything in your vehicle.
- Our Civil Enforcement Officers are able to check permits by entering the number plate on their handheld devices. So long as you have a valid permit and are parked correctly you will not be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.
- You will be able to change your personal details and vehicle details through your online account.
- The e-permit is only valid within Parrock Street Car Park and Brookvale Car Park.
- Your e-permit does not entitle you to any special exemption from any other restrictions within the car parks, such as disabled bays or parking outside of bay markings.
- You must not assign or transfer the e-permit to any person. The permit must only be used by the applicant. Under no circumstances must the permit be transferred to or used by or on behalf of another person.
- Permits are validated for one year and it is the employee’s responsibility to apply for a renewal via your online account.
- Should you resign from the Council’s service or have your employment terminated, the permit will be cancelled on your last day of service.
- A Staff e-permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space.
- Staff E-permits are limited to one per person.
- E-permits remain the property of Gravesham Borough Council and may be cancelled if found to be misused.
- The permit can be used Monday to Saturday (parking is free of charge on Sunday's) but only when working. Permits should not be used for personal use, i.e. visiting the town for shopping etc. The misuse of any permit may result in the cancellation of the permit.
- Applications from staff based at Brookvale will need to be approved by Director (Environment). We will contact them directly for authorisation of any applications made by Brookvale based staff.