As part of our shared licensing service, you can submit a Variation of Designated Premises Supervisor to Gravesham Borough Council or Medway Council using our online forms.

For every premises licensed for the supply of alcohol, a personal licence holder must be specified as the designated premises supervisor (DPS).

This will normally be the person who has day-to-day responsibility for running the premises.

There may be a number of personal licence holders working at a premises but there can only be one designated premises supervisor.

The designated premises supervisor must be appointed by the premises licence holder (who may hold both positions).

If you are the Premises Licence holder and wish to change the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS), for example if they no longer work at the premises, then you need to make an application to us.

You cannot sell alcohol at your premises without a Designated Premises Supervisor.

How do I apply?

You must ensure that you have the below available to upload with your application:

  1. Download the consent form and get it completed by the proposed DPS.
  2. Submit your application using our online form. 
    • You must ensure that you have the below available to upload with your application:
      • The Premises Licence (or a statement as to why you can't provide it)
      • Completed consent form from the proposed DPS.

What happens next?

Your application will be sent to Kent Police for consultation.

If they submit an objection to your application, then we will hold a hearing of the Licensing Panel to determine your application.

If they have no objections, the licence will be issued with the appropriate amendments.

Should you have any queries you can contact the licensing team by emailing