Resident Permit Parking Area (PPA) Permit (Zones H01, M01, M02, M03, N01, SJ01 & SS01)
From May 2021 we will no longer be issuing paper parking permits; instead we will issue e-permits. An e-permit is an electronic version of a paper permit. This allows the permit holder to park their vehicle on street without the need to display a physical permit in the windscreen.
- You will not be sent a paper permit in the post. You will receive an email confirmation stating you have an e-permit, and you will be able to start parking your vehicle once you have confirmation that your application has been processed and you have made payment. You do not need to print out or display anything in your vehicle.
- Our Civil Enforcement Officers are able to check permits by entering the number plate on their handheld devices. So long as you have a valid permit and are parked correctly you will not be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.
- You will be able to change your personal details and vehicle details through your online account.
- The e-permit is only valid within the zone indicated of your e-permit; it does not entitle you to park outside your property or have preferential rights over another driver parked in a space you may wish to use.
- Your e-permit does not entitle you to any special exemption from any other restrictions within the zone such as single or double yellow lines, disabled bays, bus stops and time limited bay restrictions etc.
- You must not assign or transfer the e-permit to any person. The e-permit must be cancelled if you sell your property, cease to reside in the zone for which the e-permit has been issued, or sell the vehicle for which the e-permit has been issued. You must not sell on or pass the e-permit to the purchaser of your property.
- You will need to supply proof of residency dated within the last three months (in the form of a utility bill, bank statement, mobile phone bill or tenancy agreement) as well as evidence of vehicle ownership in the form of the vehicle log book (V5C) showing the vehicle is registered in your name at the address for which you are applying. For company issued vehicles, we will require a typed and recently dated letter from your employer on company letter headed paper confirming you have been issued a company vehicle. You agree to provide additional information if required to confirm residency or vehicle ownership.
- The purchase of an e-permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space.
- Resident E-permits are limited to one per property for properties that have off-street parking available. Two resident e-permits can be issued for properties that have no off-street parking available.
- E-permits remain the property of Gravesham Borough Council and may be cancelled if found to be misused.