Notice of review
Notice of review of polling districts and polling places
Section 18C (4) of the Representation of the People Act 1983 (as amended) The Electoral Registration and Administration Act 2013
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN to the formal commencement of a review into polling districts and polling places for the new ward arrangements that come into force from the Local Council Elections to be held on Thursday 4 May 2023.
The council is now reviewing all the polling districts and places used at elections to take account of these new ward boundaries. Proposals for new voting arrangements, and the (Acting) Returning Officer’s comments, will be available on our website from 11 July 2022.
The council welcomes proposals and/or comments from any interested person within the authority or within a UK Parliamentary constituency which has any part in the authority, may make a representation about any aspect of the polling districts or polling places to be used at future elections.
Proposals and comments are particularly sought from Disabled residents, and from individual people or interested groups and organisations who have experience in making facilities and premises accessible, particularly for Disabled people.
Anyone commenting on the suitability of existing or proposed polling places is asked to provide suggestions for alternative venues, where possible, to assist the review process.
Representations should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Electoral Services, Gravesham Borough Council, Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, DA12 1AU. This consultation will end on the 19 August 2022.
Please note that all proposals and comments received will be published and available to view on the council’s website at the conclusion of the review.
The proposals can be viewed in person, by appointment, at Gravesham Borough Councils offices. To make an appointment please phone 01474 337253.
Dates throughout the review
- 11 July 2022 - Publication of the Notice of polling district review on our website and at council offices and the start of the Polling district review consultation.
- 19 August 2022 - The closing date for representations to the polling district review consultation.
- 22 August 2022 to 5 September 2022 - Polling district review consultation responses considered
- 11 October 2022 - Council agrees final scheme
- After 11 October 2022 - Publication of the final arrangements on our website and at the council offices.
Published on behalf of the (Acting) Returning Officer, Stuart Bobby