Town Centre Workers Scheme Permit
From April 2021 we will no longer be issuing paper parking permits; instead we will issue e-permits. An e-permit is an electronic version of a paper permit. This allows the permit holder to park their vehicle on street without the need to display a physical permit in the windscreen.
- You will not be sent a paper permit in the post. You will receive an email confirmation stating you have an e-permit, and you will be able to start paying the Town Centre Worker (TCW) tariff once you have confirmation that your application has been processed. You do not need to print out or display a permit in your vehicle.
- Instructions on how to obtain the TCW tariff are provided via email when an application is approved.
- Our Civil Enforcement Officers are able to check permits by entering the number plate on their handheld devices. So long as you have a valid permit and valid TCW pay & display ticket or cashless parking session, you will not be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.
- You will be able to change your personal details and vehicle details through your online account.
- The e-permit is only valid within Milton Place Car Park, Ordnance Road Car Park and Gurdwara Car Park.
- Your e-permit does not entitle you to any special exemption from any other restrictions within the above car parks, for example disabled bays or parking outside of bay markings.
- You must not assign or transfer the e-permit to any person. The e-permit must be cancelled if you cease employment within the town centre or sell the vehicle for which the e-permit has been issued. You must not sell on or pass the e-permit to a colleague.
- You will need to supply proof of employment in two forms (a typed and recently dated letter from your employer on company letter headed paper confirming your employment along with a copy of a recent payslip) as well as evidence of vehicle ownership in the form of the vehicle log book (V5C) or insurance documents. For company issued vehicles, we will require a typed and recently dated letter from your employer on company letter headed paper confirming you have been issued a company vehicle. You agree to provide additional information if required to confirm employment or vehicle ownership.
- An e-permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space. If no spaces are available in the above three car parks, you are responsible for finding an alternative – standard restrictions and/or charges will apply if another location has to be sought.
- E-permits for the Town Centre Worker scheme are limited to one per person.
- E-permits remain the property of Gravesham Borough Council and may be cancelled if found to be misused.