Permit Parking Area (PPA) Visitor Permit
From May 2021 we will no longer be issuing paper parking permits; instead we will issue e-permits. An e-permit is an electronic version of a paper permit. This allows the permit holder to park their vehicle on street without the need to display a physical permit in the windscreen.
- You will not be sent a paper permit in the post. You will receive an email confirmation stating you have an e-permit, and you will be able to start parking your vehicle once you have confirmation that your application has been processed and you have made payment. You do not need to print out or display anything in your visitors’ vehicle.
- Our Civil Enforcement Officers are able to check permits by entering the number plate on their handheld devices. So long as you have allocated the permit to your visitors’ vehicle and are parked correctly, they will not be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.
- You will be able to change your personal details and update visitors’ vehicle details through your online account.
- The e-permit is only valid within the designated zone indicated of your e-permit; it does not entitle your visitors to park outside your property or have preferential rights over another driver parked where your visitor may wish to.
- Your e-permit does not entitle your visitors to any special exemption from any other restrictions within the zone such as single or double yellow lines, disabled bays, bus stops and time limited bay restrictions etc.
- The e-permit must be cancelled if you sell your property or cease to reside in the zone for which the e-permit has been issued. You must not sell on or pass the e-permit to the purchaser of your property or anyone else that is not a resident.
- You will need to supply proof of residency dated within the last three months (in the form of a utility bill, bank statement, mobile phone bill or tenancy agreement) with each application. You agree to provide additional information if required to confirm residency.
- The purchase of an e-permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space.
- Visitor E-permits are limited to one per property.
- E-permits remain the property of Gravesham Borough Council and may be cancelled if found to be misused.