If you are the holder of a Club Premises Certificate and wish to make a full variation of a licence, then please follow the below guidance.

Do I need to make a full variation?

The following actions are not classed as minor variations, and must be treated as full variations in all cases:

  • Extending licensing hours for the sale or supply of alcohol for consumption on or off the premises between the hours of 11pm and 7am.
  • Increasing the amount of time, on any premises, during which alcohol may be sold or supplied for consumption on or off the premises.

Applications to reduce licensing hours for the sale of alcohol or to move (without increasing) the licensed hours between 7am and 11pm will normally be classed as minor variations.

How much does it cost?

Fees are based on the rateable value of the property where the licence will be applied. If you need to find your property's rateable value, please visit the Valuation Office Agency website.

Fees relating to rateable values.
Rateable Value Band Fees Annual Fee
No rateable value to £4300 A £100 £70
£4300 to £33,000 B £190 £180
£33,001 to £87,000 C £315 £295
£87,001 to £125,000 D £450 £320
£125,001 and above E £635 £350

A multiplier is applied to premises in Bands D and E where they are exclusively or primarily in the business of selling alcohol (mainly large town centre and city centre pubs)

Fees for bands D and E.
Band D(x2) E(x3)
City / town centre pub application fee £900 £1,905
City / town centre pub annual charge £640 £1,050