We are committed to improving our housing stock above the basic requirements with modern facilities of the highest standard.
Certain larger works are completed on a programmed basis. These works include:
- kitchen replacements
- bathroom replacements
- boiler replacements
- roof replacements
- door and window replacements.
If your home is due to have major improvements done, we'll send you a letter telling you what we plan to do and, if the work is to the inside your home, we'll ask if you'd like to have the work done or not.
We use approved contractors to carry out some of the improvement works in our council homes. Our general repairs is carried out in-house. Swale Heating are the long term approved heating contractors.
- Breyer Group Plc are our roofing replacement and repairs contractor. They carry out flat roofs replacement of block of flats and pitched roof replacement of houses.
- Axis Europe Plc are our external repairs and redecorations contractor. They carry out cyclical external repairs and decorating to blocks and houses.
- PiLON Ltd are our contractor for installing wet rooms. They carry out replacement of bathroom into wet rooms for disable residents and installations of over bath electric showers.
- AD Construction Group are the contractor for the installation of PVC-u windows and doors.
It is a condition of your tenancy, that you must allow access where reasonable notice has been given, to Council employee's or our approved contractors, to inspect and carry out repairs. We will usually give 24 hours notice, but in emergency situations this may not be possible.
If you refuse entry, we may obtain a Court order to gain access. More information about right of access and forcible entry is in your tenancy agreement.