Let us know
If you’re struggling to pay your Council Tax, you should contact us as soon as possible.
We can spread your payments over 12 months instead of 10 to reduce your monthly payments.
We want to help you pay your Council Tax and we may be able to come to a payment arrangement that you can afford. If you don't let us know that you are having difficulty making regular payments, you may have to pay more money and charges which will have to be paid. For a payment arrangement to be considered, complete an income and expenditure form.
Other forms of help
Other things that you should do:
- Check to see if you are entitled to any discounts or exemptions
- Spread your payments over 12 months instead of 10 to reduce your monthly payments.
- If you are struggling and need support because you are on a low income, you should apply for Universal Credit
- You also apply for Council Tax Reduction. Use the online calculator to find out if you are eligible. If eligible, apply for the reduction by completing the form
- If you have not already done so, you can obtain free debt support from the Money Advice Service
You can also contact us to discuss your Council Tax account or call 01474 337000 as soon as possible.