Register to vote
Before you can vote in a polling station, by post, or by proxy you need to register to vote. You can do this online on the Government website: Register to vote
You will need the following information:
- Which part of the UK do you live in, or do you live in another country?
- What is your nationality?
- What is your date of birth?
- What is your full name?
- Have you ever changed your name?
- What is your national insurance number?
- What is your address?
- Do you live at a second address?
- Do you want your name and address to appear publicly on the register? This means that a charity or business can see your information and could use it to contact you or to try and sell you things. You'll still be able to vote if you say ‘no’ to this.
If you are not able to complete an online registration please contact the Elections team.