For betting, gaming and other types of gambling there are three types of licence required:
- Operating Licence – concerned with the management and conduct of gambling
- Personal Licence – for persons with key operational functions connected with the gambling business
- Premises Licence – for the property where the gambling takes place
Operating and Personal Licences are issued and regulated by the Gambling Commission, but we are the licensing authority for Premises Licences.
A Premises Licence is required for any premises where it is intended to provide gambling facilities.
The Premises Licence types are:
- Bingo Premises licence
- Adult Gaming Centre Premises licence
- Family Entertainment Centre Premises licence
- Betting Premises licence
- Track Betting
- Casino Premises licence (please note that we passed a 'No Casinos' resolution as allowed under Section 166 of the Act)