Apply for a Gambling premises licence

Who can apply?

In order to apply for a Gambling Premises Licence you must:

  • Be over the age of 18
  • Have the right to occupy the premises
  • Have an Operating Licence which allows you to carry out the proposed activity, or have applied for an Operating Licence and you are awaiting its issue from the Gambling Commission.

How much does it cost?

In addition to the application fee, there is also a legal requirement to pay a 'first annual fee'. This fee will become payable 30 days after the date of the grant of the licence. At the time of your application, we will send you an invoice for your first annual fee payment.

The Premises Licence fees, which vary between premises, are shown below:

Gambling premises licence pricing.
Premises Type New application Application to vary Application to transfer Annual fee
Bingo £3229 £1625 £1114 £929
Betting Premises £2775 £1389 £1114 £559
Tracks £2316 £1160 £883 £883
Family Entertainment Centre £1852 £929 £883 £697
Adult Gaming Centre £1852 £1030 £1113 £929

A Copy of Licence costs £25.00 and a Notification of Change costs £50.00.

How do I apply?

  1. Please first read the Gambling Premises Licence guidance notes.
  2. Download, complete and sign the Application for a Gambling Premises Licence.
  3. Provide details of your Operating Licence.
  4. Provide Local Risk Assessments.
  5. Enclose a set of plans of the premises (see guidance notes above).
  6. Publish a notice of application in a local newspaper, newsletter or similar document within 10 working days of your application to us.
  7. On the day of your application, display a notice of application on the premises. The notice needs to be positioned where it can be conveniently read by the public, for a period of no less than 28 consecutive days.
  8. You will need to ensure that you send a notice of application to each of the responsible authorities within seven days of applying to us. If you are a lone applicant, you will need to complete Form A. If you are multiple applicants, you will need to complete Form B.
  9. Enclose the correct fee. Cheques are accepted, or if you would prefer an invoice please email to register your details with us.
  10. Submit your application to: Licensing, Gravesham Borough Council, Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, Kent DA12 1AU

For any questions please contact the licensing team by emailing