Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.

Bandings and what to pay

Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

2. How to appeal the band you're in

We do not set the banding of your property and can't change it. It's the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) that does this.

The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) values domestic properties for council tax. This valuation is used to set your council tax band. You might need to contact the VOA if you think your council tax band is wrong.

You can find out more about when you can challenge your band and what you need to do on the challenge council tax page. If you challenge your band, you must continue to pay council tax at your current band until your appeal is decided.

Contact details

You can contact the VOA on there contact VOA page. If you are unable to use the online service you can also contact the VOA on:

  • 03000 501 501 [English authorities]
  • 03000 505 505 [Welsh authorities].


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know