Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.

Gambling Premises Licence

Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

1. Overview

For betting, gaming and other types of gambling there are three types of licence required:

  • Operating Licence – concerned with the management and conduct of gambling
  • Personal Licence – for persons with key operational functions connected with the gambling business
  • Premises Licence – for the property where the gambling takes place

Operating and Personal Licences are issued and regulated by the Gambling Commission, but we are the licensing authority for Premises Licences.

A Premises Licence is required for any premises where it is intended to provide gambling facilities.

The Premises Licence types are:

  • Bingo Premises licence
  • Adult Gaming Centre Premises licence
  • Family Entertainment Centre Premises licence
  • Betting Premises licence
  • Track Betting
  • Casino Premises licence (please note that we passed a 'No Casinos' resolution as allowed under Section 166 of the Act)


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know