What can I do to ensure my lift operates safely?
- Always ensure your lift is regularly serviced by one of our engineers on behalf of Gravesham Borough Council.
- Ensure the stairs are free of obstruction and there is nothing that could cause the lift to get stuck.
- Never use your lift to transport items between floors.
- Never allow children to play on or use the lift.
- Never carry or allow animals to climb up onto the lift.
- Replace batteries in your remote control regularly.
- Never attempt to fix the lift yourself, you may do more damage or injure yourself in the process. Leave it to the experts.
Lift servicing and safety inspections
Your lift is serviced annually if you have a stairlift and every six months for a thorough floor lift by our servicing and maintenance contractor, Apex Lifts. Apex Lifts will contact you directly to arrange a service appointment at your convenience. To report a breakdown, repair, or to arrange a service, please call Apex Lifts (servicing & maintenance) on 020 8300 2929.
Your lift will also be inspected annually for a stairlift and every six months for a thorough floor lift by a Zurich inspector, to ensure the lift remains safe to use and meets current guidelines. Zurich Engineering will contact you directly to arrange a safety inspection appointment at your convenience. To arrange a safety inspection, please call Zurich (safety inspections) on 07875 888 563.
If your circumstances have changed or a member of the family no longer requires the assistance of a stairlift or a thorough floor lift, please call Gravesham Borough Council to discuss your options.
Frequently asked questions
What should I do if my stairlift will not move and the power light is off?
- Firstly, check the on/off switch, (usually located on the arm) is ON.
- Then check that the master power switch is ON (usually located under the seat on the carriage, either at the front or back.
- Finally, check that the key is inserted and turned to the ON position (usually located under the seat on the carriage at the front side).
What should I do if my stairlift will not move and the power light is on?
- Check that the chair is fully swivelled back to its travelling position and that the swivel levers are in the correct position.
- Check whether there is anything obstructing the safety edges – if there is move the stairlift in the opposite direction, remove the obstruction and then you can continue your journey.
If your stairlift still does not move:
- Turn the power key to the off position and then back on.
- Move and hold the control in the direction of travel for a few seconds after which the stairlift should start.
- If the stairlift still doesn’t work at this point call the service and maintenance contractor, Apex Lifts.
Why is my stairlift making a beeping noise?
Your stairlift will beep if the batteries are not being charged.
- Check the wall switch is on.
- Check that the power has not tripped
- Check the stairlift is parked correctly at the top or bottom of the stairs.
If you have checked these things and your stairlift continues to beep switch your stairlift off and call Apex Lifts.
Will my stairlift work in a power cut?
In the event of a power cut, your stairlift will continue to work for up to seven trips using its back up battery, with this in mind it is essential that the power supply to your lift is kept on at all times. Stair lift batteries typically last between 3-5 years depending on usage and whether the batteries are left without power for extended periods of time.