Fixed penalty notices
Throughout the borough we are able to ticket people with a Fixed Penalty Notice (fine) if they are seen committing an offence. These may be issued on the spot or through the post.
These offences include:
- Dog fouling (not picking up dog mess immediately)
- Placing your rubbish out early
- Abandoning a vehicle
- Fly-posting (which means putting posters up in places without permission)
- Breaches of our Public Space Protection Order
- Businesses not picking up or removing litter outside or next to their premises
- For traders only – if you're removing waste without a waste carrier licence
- For traders only – not using a registered waste carrier or holding a relevant waste transfer note
- People or businesses not using bins correctly or storing waste in a way that is likely to cause a nuisance
If you pay the fixed penalty that is the end of the matter and no criminal record is associated with it. If you don't pay and we take you to court you may be fined much more than the original fine, and receive a criminal record.
How to pay
You can pay a Fixed Penalty Notice online.
How to challenge a Fixed Penalty Notice
If you're not happy tell us the details to challenge it.