How to apply
We have a number of garages and parking spaces available for rent.
Here are some things you need to know before applying:
- You need to be a resident of Gravesham in order to apply.
- Garage rental is £75.40 per month for private residents and £66 pm for council tenants
- The cost of parking space rental can vary depending on their location. Your Housing Officer will be able to tell you what the current rental cost is per week.
- In order to rent a garage or parking space from us you will need to be able to pay via Direct Debit.
- If you are a Gravesham Borough Council tenant then you're housing rent account will need to be kept clear of arrears or we will not consider your application.
You can make your application using our online form. You'll be able to view all of our garage and parking spaces (including the ones currently being rented by people), and you'll be able to join the waiting list for up to two locations.
If, at any time, you would like to end your garage or parking space rental we will need four weeks written notice. You will need to complete a termination form and ensure that you clear any belongings and return any keys. If you just stop using the garage or space, your rent will still be charged and we will take action to recover the garage or parking space and change the locks, with a return cost to yourself.
Please send the completed termination form to:
Estates Management, Gravesham Borough Council, Civic Centre, Windmill Street, Gravesend, Kent DA12 1AU
What happens next?
When your application has been registered a written acknowledgement is sent out to the address you have provided us with. When a garage or parking space becomes available, we will contact the person who has been on the list the longest.
We will also take into account the need of an applicant for a garage or parking space. For example, a council tenant with a disability would have a greater priority for a garage on the estate where they live than a non-council tenant living in a different area.
When you're offered a garage or parking space you will be contacted and a viewing will be arranged so that you can see where the garage or parking space is and whether it suits your needs. If you choose to accept the garage or parking space, you will then need to attend an appointment at the Civic Centre to sign the conditions, collect the keys and set up a direct debit for payment.