Town centre workers permit
If you work in Gravesend Town Centre, you can apply for a Town Centre Worker (TCW) Permit which allows you to park in the following car parks at a discounted rate.
- Milton Place & Ordnance Road ANPR Car Park
- Gurdwara Pay & Display Car Park (Monday to Friday Only)
How much does it cost?
The TCW Permit itself is free of charge and then you pay for parking, at the discounted rate every day you want to park. The TCW tariff is £1.50 for up to five hours parking and £3.00 for 10 hours.
How do I pay?
Once you have confirmation that you have a valid TCW permit, you can obtain the discounted rate in the car parks detailed above. Payment options differ between our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and Pay & Display car parks.
Milton Place & Ordnance Road ANPR car park – pay on return
- Coins at the pay station (no change given)
- Debit/credit card contactless and Chip and Pin
- Apple Pay and Google Pay
- RingGo PayLater
TCW permit data links in with our ANPR systems. All the time the vehicle has a valid TCW permit, the payment machines will prompt for payment at the discounted rate. Similarly, if you sign up to AutoPay, all the time the vehicle has a valid TCW permit, parking will be charged at the discounted rate.
Gurdwara Pay & Display car park – pay on arrival
- Coins at the ticket machines (no change given)*
*If you pay via the pay and display machine you must display the valid ticket in/on your windscreen or dashboard.
What documents do I need to supply?
We will need three forms of evidence to apply for a permit, detailed below. The documentation can be supplied as part of the online application.
- A typed, signed and recently dated letter from your employer, printed on company letter headed paper confirming your employment within the Town Centre
- A copy of a recent payslip
- A copy of the vehicle registration documents to provide proof of ownership of the vehicle. If the vehicle is not registered in the applicant's name, insurance documents will need to be provided as proof that the applicant has permission to drive the vehicle to and from work
Town Centre Workers permits are issued virtually and can be applied for via our online system which you can find below. We aim to respond to applications within two working days. Instructions on how to obtain the Town Centre Workers tariff from the pay and display machines or via our cashless parking provider (RingGo) will be sent in a confirmation email once the application has been authorised. All of our Terms & Conditions are supplied as part of the application process.
Please do not create more than one account per person. If you have changed your email address and need to amend this, you can make this change within your account under the ‘my details’ section. Creating more than one account per resident will result in delays processing your application and will result in the cancellation of any existing permits/accounts to accommodate the new account.