As part of our shared licensing service, you can submit a Transfer of a Premises Licence Application to Gravesham Borough Council or Medway Council using our online forms.

If you are taking over a premises, then as the new owner you must apply for a transfer of the Premises Licence, from the previous owner to you.

NOTE: The holder of the premises licence is required to pay an annual fee by the anniversary of the grant of the licence. Before applying for a transfer, you may wish to check with the outgoing licence holder if there are any outstanding licence fees from previous years that remain payable.

How do I apply?

  1. Download and get this form completed by the current Premises Licence Holder Consent to transfer the Premises Licence 

    It may be that you are unable to get the previous licence holder to sign this consent form. If that is the case you will have to provide a valid reason for this within the application.

  2. Submit your application using our online form.
    • You must ensure that you have the following available to upload with your application:
      • Completed consent form from the current Premises Licence holder (or a statement as to why you can't provide it).
      • The Premises Licence (or a statement as to why you can't provide it)
      • ID to prove your right to work in the UK

What happens next?

Your application will be sent to Kent Police and the Home Office for consultation.

If there is any objection from the Police or the Home Office then we must hold a hearing (unless all parties agree that it is unnecessary).

If there are no objections, the licence will be issued with the appropriate amendments.

Should you have any queries you can contact the licensing team by emailing