Public Access alert,

Public Access is currently down for maintenance, please check back later.

Make an official complaint

Last updated on: 16-Oct-2020

1. Overview

Things you need to know

If you're not happy with something and you want to complain there are some things you need to know first.

If your complaint, or part of your complaint, relates to one of the categories below, it will be outside our complaints procedure. If this is the case, we will tell you what you need to do.

  • If it's an initial request for a service. For example to report fly-tipping, report a missed bin or something else that's service related
  • Complaints where there is already an appeal process in place. For example refusal of planning permission, a parking ticket or entitlement to Housing Benefit
  • Complaints about our policies. For example charging structure or decision to close a service
  • Complaints about decisions or actions associated with carrying out regulatory powers for example hygiene audit of food premises
  • Complaints where the customer should appeal to a court or tribunal for example overpayment of Housing Benefit
  • Complaints that have already been investigated through the procedure and where no fresh evidence is provided

If after contacting the department concerned, you still have a complaint about the way a council service has failed to meet expected standards or if something has gone wrong, a complaint should be registered.

Make a complaint

Fill in our online form below:


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know