Housing Ombudsman

If you are still not satisfied, immediately after the completion of stage two, the complaint can be referred to a ‘designated person’. The designated person can be a member of parliament (MP), a local Councillor or a Tenant Panel.

If eight weeks have passed since the completion of stage three, you can progress the complaint to the Housing Ombudsman Service without reference to the designated person by emailing info@housing-ombudsman.org.uk or by phoning 0300 111 3000 (9:15 to 5:15 Monday to Friday)

You can write to:

Housing Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
Harbour Exhange Square
E14 9GE

Self assessment form

The Housing Ombudsman published a new Complaint Handling Code in July 2020, setting out good practice that will allow landlords to respond to complaints effectively and fairly.

The Code is also intended to create a positive complaint handling culture amongst both staff and residents and move landlords away from perceiving complaints as negative feedback.

The Ombudsman expects landlords to carry out a regular self-assessment against the Code and take appropriate action to ensure their complaint handling is in line with the Code.