Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.

Housing benefit

Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

2. Evidence we need to see

As part of your claim we need to see:

  • Original documents - photocopies are not acceptable.
  • We will need to see proof of who you are – this could be a passport or driving licence.
  • We will also need to see evidence of your National Insurance Number, such as a P60, pay slip, National Insurance card or your benefit book.

Other information we will need to see will depend on your circumstances. 

Here's a handy checklist to help you.

Things to remember

  • Hand your application in as soon as you can
  • Provide all the supporting evidence, we cannot pay your benefit until we have seen all the evidence we have asked for.
  • Use the same form to claim help towards Council Tax Reduction.
  • You won't get any benefit if you don't claim.


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know