Public Access alert,

Whilst using PublicAccess is the quickest way to get your comments logged against an application, if, for some reason PublicAccess is not available, you can email with your comments and name and address.

Personal Licence

Last updated on: 09-Apr-2021

1. Overview

Gravesham and Medway council logos

As part of our shared licensing service, you can now submit a Personal Licence Application to Gravesham Borough Council or Medway Council using our online form

Any person wishing to sell or supply alcohol must hold a Personal Licence.

  • You must be aged 18 years or over to apply for a Personal Licence.
  • You must be entitled to live and work in the UK.
  • Persons normally resident in Gravesham or Medway should apply to us. Those who reside outside of Gravesham or Medway should apply to their local Council.
  • You may hold only one Personal Licence at any one time.

What do I need in order to apply for a Personal Licence?

You must first hold a licensing qualification.

The aim of the Personal Licence qualification is to ensure that licence holders are aware of licensing law and the wider social responsibilities attached to the sale of alcohol.

The Home Secretary has provided a list of accredited companies that can provide this training and qualification.

You will find the list on GOV.UK

You must also obtain a basic criminal convictions certificate from GOV.UK Request Criminal Record prior to submitting your application.  Please remember that the certificate can not be any older than 30 days when you submit it with your application.

If you feel that you meet the above criteria then you are welcome to apply for a Personal Licence.


Was the information on this page helpful?

Let us know