We serve over 106,000 residents across the borough, alongside our partners. Local communities and businesses depend on the services we provide, including statutory duties to ensure we keep Gravesham a clean and safe place.
Working for us is more than just a job. A career in Local Government provides unique opportunities to make a real difference to our communities.
Where we are
Gravesham is a maritime riverside town, situated in north-west Kent - the Garden of England.
London and Dover, are both less than one and half hour by train, and easy reach by road or rail.
Situated in the garden of England, we are lucky to benefit of areas of outstanding natural beauty, riverside walks and a market.
Our offer to you
We employ around 500 staff and we all work for a common goal; of delivering great services to the borough. We invest in our staff and the working environment.
As an organisation we promote:
- Professional development
- Hybrid working
- Community event volunteering
- Free parking
We offer a generous benefits package which includes:
- 24-30 days' annual leave
- access to the local government pension scheme
- commitment to staff learning and development
- employee assistance programme through Care First
- dedicated occupational health service
- assistance with travel to work, discounted bus travel through the Arriva Employer Travel club.
We are looking for people who are passionate about making a difference to the lives of our residents and visitors to Gravesham.
Starting your career
If you are in the early stages of your career, or are looking for a career change, then we think Gravesham has a lot to offer.
We offer a variety of apprenticeships, graduate internships, and work experience placements.
Whilst we don't currently offer a dedicated graduate programme, we have many roles which would be a great place to start after graduation. This includes career-graded posts, in disciplines like Planning, which give a brilliant entry position to gain experience and progress.
More about us as an employer
Find out more about the following:
- Benefits of working for us, including flexible working, holiday entitlement, pension scheme, sick pay and our commitment to staff development
- Equality and diversity, we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce
- We are a Disability Confident employer, which supports fair recruitment practices, striving to remove barriers to disabled people in employment and benefitting from their skills
- Proud to support our Armed Forces through the Armed Forces Covenant
- We are a Gold Investors in People accredited employer, as a sign of our continuous support and development for our workforce.