Anti-social behaviour

Tackling anti-social behaviour (ASB) is a local priority and we recognise that persistent nuisance and ASB can have a very damaging impact on quality of life.

ASB includes a broad range of issues that may cause harassment, alarm or distress to other people e.g. noisy/rowdy behaviour, public drunkenness and verbal abuse.

Reporting ASB

Residents and businesses can help tackle ASB by reporting it promptly. This helps us identify areas that are causing concern.

If you are in danger, always call 999.

If it is not an emergency you can contact Kent Police using 101, or if you are a Council Housing tenant you may wish to contact your Housing Officer.

If the ASB involves noise, you can find out how to report this on our noise complaints pages.

You can contact our Community Safety Unit by emailing Please note, crime related issues should be always reported to the police. Our Community Safety Unit cannot investigate matters and can only offer advice or signpost to other department/agency who could help further.

Anti-social behaviour strategy

We have produced a dedicated Anti-Social Behaviour Strategy 2019-23 which explains the approach being taken to reduce ASB across Gravesham.