As part of our shared licensing service, you can submit a Premises Licence Application to Gravesham Borough Council or Medway Council using our online forms.

A Premises Licence authorises a premises to be used for one or more licensable activities.

It is illegal to carry out a licensable activity without a Premises Licence, unless the planned event qualifies as Temporary Event or it is a qualifying club activity authorised by a Club Premises Certificate.

Before submitting your application, please read through the Guidance Notes and the relevant policy, so you are familiar with what is required.

Policy for Gravesham applicants

Policy for Medway applicants

All applicants for a premises, or amendments to a premises licence, must ensure they are aware of the requirements within the Cumulative Impact Assessment.

How much does it cost?

Fees are based on the rateable value of the property where the licence will be applied. If you need to find your property's rateable value, please visit the Valuation Office Agency  website.

Fees relating to rateable value.
Rateable Value Band Fees Annual Fee
No rateable value to £4,300 A £100 £70
£4,301 to £33,000 B £190 £180
£33,001 to £87,000 C £315 £295
£87,001 to £125,000 D £450 £320
£125,001 and above E £635 £350

A multiplier is applied to premises in Bands D and E where they are exclusively or primarily in the business of selling alcohol (mainly large town centre and city centre pubs)

Fees for bands D and E.
Band D(x2) E(x3)
City / town centre pub application fee £900 £1,905
City / town centre pub annual charge £640 £1,050

Church, chapel, village, parish and community halls

No fee or annual charge is payable by church halls, chapel halls, village halls, parish halls and community halls or other premises of a similar nature for a premises licence authorising the provision of regulated entertainment only. The costs associated with these licences will be met by Central Government.

Schools and colleges

No annual fee or annual charge is payable by a school providing education for pupils up to year 13 (or a sixth form college) for a premises licence authorising the provision of regulated entertainment only. The regulated entertainment must be carried out by the educational establishment at the premises for the purposes of the educational establishment. Again the costs of these licences will be met by Central Government.

Annual fee

A fee is due annually. It is very important that you are aware that the licensing legislation means that should you fail to pay the retainer fee within a set time limit your Premises licence will be suspended until such times as payment is received. This would mean that you would not be able to carry out any licensable activities i.e: sell alcohol, provide regulated entertainment or supply late night refreshment.